Saturday 15 September 2012

Twelve games I want for the WiiU pt2

Moving onto the second six games, again in no particular order.


I'm a fan of the first game as I found it to be a fun action packed game that it didn't take itself too seriously and featured now memories from the past. Due to this, and despite the trailer featuring no game play at all, I'm really looking forward to the sequel and it's definitely a game that I will be buying.


The second bundle game and a lot has already been seen and said about ZombiU. From my perspective it looks like an interesting and tense game in the fact that like Nintendo Land it should show of the capabilities of the pad and it should hopefully be tense in the fact that the game doesn't pause when changing weapons and the like on the touch screen. I have heard about problems with the amount of Zombies appearing on screen at any one time but hopefully this will be resolved by launch.


It's an Aliens game that from the trailer looks like it should be very dark and atmospheric and though I don't like to compare games if it's anything like the first Dead Space game then it could have the potential to be tense and claustrophobic. I've heard the complaints about the lack of female characters which I have to agree with in a series where the lead character is female and hopefully the developers will rectify that. Beyond that though the trailer looks good and who here isn't looking forward to using the pad as a scanner like in Aliens.

They're coming outta the walls. They're coming outta the goddamn walls.


Yes, this has already been released on the 360 and PS3 and I have every intention of buying the GOTY edition for the 360 when it is soon released but if the WiiU manages to add a lot to the game then I could warrant buying it again as this could be the new version of Resident Evil 4 where the controls justify buying the new version.


I'm not going to lie, I found New Super Mario Bros. Wii to be quite a dull game and in all honesty I found it a chore to complete, therefore I am a little apprehensive about this version but then it is on a new system and the trailer does look interesting with what you can do with the pad and it could be really fun in multi-player. Therefore I am going to keep an open mind and add MarioU to the list.


I think I've only ever played one Tekken game in my lifetime and though it was quite enjoyable I've never been too fussed about buying any of the games, that was until now. I've already seen people saying that they enjoy the recent release on 360/PS3 and I have to say that with the addition of the Nintendo costumes and the quite frankly bonkers mushroom battle mode it could be time to finally invest in a Tekken game.

So there are the the twelve games that I fancy buying from the recent announcements and as said previously that's the what I have seen from the possible launch window. Do you fancy anything from this list or are you going for games that I haven't mentioned. Let me know in the comments section below.

All videos bar the Tekken Tag one can be found on the Nintendo YouTube channel. The Tekken Tag video can be found on the NamcoBandaiGamesEU channel.

2 comments:

  1. Are all these games to be released during the launch window? Aliens looks very impressive and might finally be a game to give me goosebumps, its been too long.

    I've been playing the latest NSMB 2 game on 3DS and I thought I'd feel the same as you, dull, same formula etc, but actually I've found myself enjoying it much more than Super Mario 3D Land. I think coin rush mode and similar challenges make Mario games a bit more interesting. This wii U game does bring back a world map screen, I just hope it has some original worlds too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to what I read the other day the launch window lasts a good six months which I was very surprised at. I think the majority of the games may make that window though I wouldn't be surprised if Bayonetta 2 missed out.

    I think that's one of the problems with the 2D Mario games these days, though they try and make them slightly different each time there are always the things that never change, like the same style of worlds each time.

    ReplyDelete